Tuesday 11 February 2014

Best of the Boys.

Thought I would write a post to feature a few of my favourite Boys cards. I find them quite difficult to do as I can add all my usual flowers, glitter and gems. As for the "grungy" look - I just cannot do it! I like things bright and clean...

Also if you are sending a card to a man from a lady should the card have an image of a female or a male... so if I was sending my boy a Valentines card should it have a "Me" like image as its me sending him my love or an image of him.... Opinions please??


Stamped image is from Waltzing Mouse for a 60th birthday. Still managed to get a few gems on this one but kept them black so kind of Masculine! 


I made this one for my Dad - Often my family get left till last minute as I'm busy with everything else but at the time my Dad was coming to mow our lawns and help sort out the garden in the new house - so this image was perfect. I used Glossy accents on the front of the lawn mower to make is shiny. 


This a Some Odd Girl image that I loved colouring with my promarkers. The background paper is one from my digi stash from Pink Petticoat. Think the simple background is really effective. 


I can't remember who I made this for... maybe a commission. It uses Echo Park background papers and a magnolia stamp on a valley fold card. Edwin is coloured with promarkers - not a gem in sight but there is some glitter on the cloud! 


These tools were cut by hand by me and then shaded to give them some dimension. The tool box is made from ribbed paper to give it a rugged look. I got the idea from this out of one of the crafting magazines that I used to subscribe to - I don't tend to buy them now as having them digitally is soooo much easier.


This was a commission for an 18th birthday for a gadget & computer addict!I found the image from a digital stamp website - sorry I can't remember which one (Mental note to self - Keep notes! ) I also tried to keep the colours simple as I don't think an 18 year old boy can be impressed with a card - ever!

 Well - that is enough from me for now. 
Hope you like them... x 



No comments:

Post a Comment