Sunday 29 January 2017

Reach for the stars...

Morning -
I got some zig clean colour pens for christmas and have been playing with creating backgrounds. I made this night sky to go with this image from Dr Digi called Saucer Head.
I decided to make it into a shaker card by die cutting a panel from black card using a Nestibilities die and covering the gap with accetate. I filled the shaker with far too many sequins and glitter from Doodlebug- when will I learn that less is more!! I also used some Cosmic shimmer olympic gold paint on the background to give it areas to look like stars.

I coloured the image and made sure I went around the image to so it blended with the background - I also coloured the clear space of the saucer and used some blender pen and white pen to make it look like glass. I think its quite effective!
I die cut the Happy Birthday from gold card using a paper smooches die and I added the other bits by hand using a gold and silver pen.

I used these promarkers & flexmarkers to colour the image -
Sky - Midnight blue,
Saucer - Red, Poppy, Ruby & Burgundy
Alien - Soft Lime, Lime Zest, Lime Green, Pear Green and Marsh Green
Powder blue eyes and Gold top.
The lights are Lemon, Summer Sun & Sleigh Bells.

Thats all from me for today - I would love to know what you think of my background and if you make your own backgrounds - What do you use ?

Thanks for stopping by,
Liz (:(|)x

1 comment:

  1. the background is spectacular goes so well with this image Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete