Wednesday 15 February 2017

You have Mail

Hello - have you had any happy mail lately? How many Valentines cards did you get? We don't "do" Valentines in our house... (Apparently I get treated like a Princess everyday??) But I do enjoy making Valentines card and there are so many great images at The Paper Shelter to chose from.

For the latest challenge #281 at The Paper Shelter the theme is Be My Valentine and I have used an image called You Have Mail.






I printed and coloured the image which I then die cut using MFT Inside outside stitched square die. I mounted this onto striped paper fromDoodlebug Stars & Stripes collection. I tied some Papermania twine around the edge and tied a bow which I secured with glue and a little wooden heart. I backed a  Wycinanka envelope and hearts onto red heart paper from Taylored Expressions - formula for love  pad and positioned this in the corner. I cut a Kaisercraft clear sticker greeting so I could place it better on the card and added a little red heart from Hobbycraft.  Finally I stamped the little postage mark in the top corner.

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour the image - 
Skin - Antique White, Blush, Soft Peach, Coral, Spice - Baby pink cheeks and Powder blue eyes, 
Hair - Sandstone, Tan, Cinnamon & Henna
Post box - Red, Poppy, Ruby, Cardinal Red, Burgundy.
Inside box & shoes - Cool Grey 2,3,4 & 5
Bag -Sandstone & Tan.
Uniform - Egyptian Blue, Indigo Blue & Midnight Blue


Thanks for popping by and leaving some love at this Romantic time!
Liz (:(|)x





4 comments:

  1. Morning Liz, this is such a fun image, we have our Postmen drop in most days to use the loo, and this reminds me so much of them. Its a gorgeous card to give to any man without being to sentimental. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous love the colour combo
    Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete