Monday 15 May 2017

Happy Summer

Afternoon - the new challenge has literally just gone live over at the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog. I know as I have posted it!! And this challenge is ace as it is always an Anything Goes theme as long as you use an All Dressed Up image and there are sooo many beautiful ones to choose from!
For my DT card this month I have used 3 Little Summer Girls which you can get in the Etsy shop here -} All Dressed Up 
Now when I decided I was going to use these girls - it WAS sunny! We had lovely weather but sadly it hasn't hung around and I think it has rained all day today!! This image demanded a warm summery colour scheme.

I used a little strip of paper from Carta Bella Beach Day which I used a My Favourite Things Scalloped edge die on for a bit of added detail. I cut a strip of ribbon from my stash and glued this to the card base. I coloured and fussy cut around the Girls and used 3d foam to add them to the card. I used a Make It Crafty wooden die cut word and coloured the base layer in yellows and the top layer with the pinks. I added a few co-ordinated Doodlebug enamel dots around the image and some white gel pen dots on the swimming costume to keep the spot and dot theme going. 

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour the girls -
Skin - Usual
Carmine, Magenta & Vermillion
Wild Orchid, Red Violet & Boysenberry
Mango, Bright Orange & Mandarin
Hair 1 - Chestnut & Peach
Hair 2 - Buttercup, Pineapple Crush, Mustard & Sleigh Bells
Hair 3 - Cool Greys.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -

So I am hoping this card will bring the sunshine back! Wishful thinking?? If not at least it reminds me of the warmer weather!
Liz (:(|)x

No comments:

Post a Comment