Wednesday 31 May 2017

Not all Heroes wear capes.

Morning  - Firstly I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while - I have been very busy at work. I have made this card as a little colouring therapy for me as a break from work but also to show my thanks for all those first responders and people who risk there safety on a daily basis -I include all the emergency services in that - not just the police!
I'm sure you will all have seen the horrific news and footage of events in Manchester last week on the 22nd May. I got called into work in Manchester at 11.30 pm that evening to help deal with the incident but I was in a safe location away from any risk so I do not consider myself as one of the "heroes" but I feel priviledged to have been able to do my bit to help all those affected.
So I hope you don't mind my card being a slightly different take on the challenge theme of Super Heroes over at I love Promarkers using this image from Digital Delights called Policeman Scottie.


The Worker bee is a symbol of Manchester and represents resilience and the work ethic of industrial Manchester so this paper from Authentique called Be(you)tiful Persevere was perfect. The blue paper is from Papermania as is the ribbon of Union Jacks.
I used a Die-namincs banner die to cut the banner in gold card and used Doodlebug letters to add the letters and a red Hobbycraft heart.
I used Harolds ABC alphabet from Lawn Fawn to spell out and stamp the greeting.

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour the image -
Skin - Antique White, Blush, Soft Peach, Coral & Spice.
Hair - Umber & Cinnamon
Uniform - Storm Blue, Twlight Sky, Midnight Blue & Indigo Blue
Hat & Shoes - Cool Greys.
I also used a touch of black and a gold pen to add some metallic details.

I hope you like my card - it was first chance to colour for a while so it was definatly a way of relaxing. I don't know about you but I don't really think about anything else when I am busy using my pens.

Thanks for stopping by - Please leave a comment so I know who's beeeeen!
Liz (:(|)x

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and I♥MCR This is so right for this challenge bless everyone who were there.
    Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning colouring! Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so right for this challenge bless everyone who were there.


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete